1st Term 2017-2021
2nd Term 2021-2025
Linn County Treasurer
315 Main St., Box 350
Mound City, Kansas 66056
(913) 795-2227 – Office
(913) 795-2889 – Fax
Office Hours – 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Monday thru Friday
- The County Treasurer is responsible for overseeing all county monies.
- County monies include fees collected by other county offices and operations, as well as taxes collected each year from taxpayers.
- The Treasurer’s Offices mails tax statements that are prepared by the County Clerk from information obtained from the records in the Register of Deeds Office.
- The Treasurer must at all times maintain an accurate accounting of all money available, including checking accounts, savings, and idle money that is invested.
- The Treasurer is responsible for distributing collected taxes to the various entities that are funded by taxpayer dollars. This office collects property taxes for all of the entities that are authorized to levy taxes in Linn County, including school districts, townships, cities, cemetery districts, hospital districts, as well as Linn County.
- The Treasurer also performs many duties for the Kansas Motor Vehicle Department, including renewing vehicle tags and drivers’ licenses. This not only provides an important service for citizens, but also provides additional revenue for county government.